Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The beautify of Capability

"So often we only do what we think is expected of us, when we are capable of so much more." 

This isn't my quote. Most people young and old would agree that expectations basically rule their life. If you're anything like me, most of them are self-inflicted, but still, the pressure is constant whether I put it there or not. So when people go and tell me I can do more, I'm annoyed. Yes, I probably can, but I'm trying, okay? 

capability|ˌkāpəˈbilitē|power or ability; the extent of someone's or something's ability

There's a difference between doing what is expected of us, and what we're capable of. In whatever we do, there is something inside each of us that can't be drawn out unless we choose to stimulate it ourselves. You can learn how to do things, but the diligence and determination by which you do them cannot be taught, you must simply bring them out of yourself, and only you know if you did the best you possibly could. 

I try to avoid expectations from other people and find value by a different standard. The pressure to be beautiful, for example. That's my pet peeve. Who decided it was the girl's job to be gorgeous all the time anyway? I like to take care of myself, don't worry, I'm not boycotting hygiene, but I'm okay with not being the hottest chick in the nest if you know what I'm sayin'. 

Expectation is pressured from the outside. Capability is propelled from the inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment