Tuesday, January 10, 2012


I WISH YOU ENOUGH

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

Depending on the kind of person you are, you might be thinking this sounds like one of those chain emails we all get saying something like, "send this to people you wish enough..." Well, actually, that's exactly what it is. I still liked it though, even if those chain emails can be annoying.

~~~
Enough. What lengths will people go until they think they have, or are, enough? In reality, it's a matter of perspective. True, the things people go through can provoke gratitude and satisfaction, but what are we basing that satisfaction in? Here's a good quote:

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.
—Unknown

Enough can be unattainable, or right in front of you. In other words, life is so much better if you're just smart enough to appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment