Friday, January 6, 2012

<< This really struck me as profound. I feel like it's not the first time I've heard it, or something like it, but somehow, as a person gets older, words tend to carry new meaning. As I reflect on my actions and general disposition toward people, I am convicted by the different way I compare individuals. Sometimes I tend to have blinders on, and only befriend the people who I think will bring me more satisfaction and fulfillment, distancing myself from those that can do me "absolutely no good." It's shameful. I want to see the beauty and value in everyone!
Such words echo the subtle whisper in the human soul, but I think it's usually drowned out by other voices or simply ignored. Undoubtedly, this is true with a lot of subtle truths, which is why I must choose to live intentionally. Every day is a choice to be better than what is naturally comfortable.

Words of Wisdom: Every human being is a sacred, profound mystery. Yet, not all can express their desire to be understood. Try to understand them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment