Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Day of Water and Sand

Summer is closing in all too soon! As natives to the west side of Michigan, our family decided to soak up the sunshine and relish the sandy beaches of Lake Michigan before it is all too late! And what a day we had! 

My older sister, Corrine, is back from Texas for a visit with her two kids, Brayden and Maelyn. They couldn't get enough of the water. 


A quote by Margaret Atwood:

Water does not resist. Water flows. 



When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. 



Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. 



But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing in the end can stand against it.  



Water is patient.  



Dripping water wears away a stone. 



Remember that, my child. 



Remember you are half water. 



If you can't go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.





I am so thankful for my beautiful family and the memories we share together. I'm learning it's the little things in life, the small, seemingly insignificant experiences we go through, that are truly the most memorable in the end.

I do not know how long I will be able to enjoy such days with my family. Two years from now I could be living on the other side of the world! I will soak up the time with them like one soaks up the sun! Memories will last a lifetime. An abundant means of support, love, and connection lie within the family.

Until next time,
{dm}

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day! I love being near water when the weather is so gorgeous!

    I love the quote - which Atwood book is it from? I've just finished two of her novels (Oryx & Crake and The Year of the Flood) I burned through them like a meteorite I couldn't put them down and was wishing that the books were longer - I adore her stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote is from her book, "The Penelopiad". I've never actually read the book, I just happened to come across the quote. So she's a good novelist? I'm always on the lookout for good writers! What kind of stories does she write?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read those two books from her so far (and got hooked) those are in the sci-fi genre. When I say sci-fi here, I mean as in John Hillcoat's The Road, not as in Star Wars.
      The world she creates is like a perfect bubble - you believe it straight away and want to keep being in it, and not wanting the book to end.

      I also like her writing because her feminism rings through and I'm a bit of a one too :)

      Read about her on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Atwood

      Delete
    2. I'll have to look her work. Thank you for the suggestion!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi there, I enjoy reading through your post.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.


    my weblog click here for abned - ,

    ReplyDelete