Monday, October 22, 2012

Publication (?)


ATTENTION READERS:  

It's been a blast writing short stories and sharing my thoughts with you all. However! I've decided it's time for me to write for publication (outside the blog).

I will be doing a little research on the topic of strangers and the concept of "otherness." This means you will not see any blog posts from me for the majority of this week as I will be spending my mornings bringing the essay together. I'm really excited to see the final product, I hope you will be too.

Here are some good magazines to consider if you are also looking into publishing some of your work:

Caveat emptor!
{Taken from Poets & Writers Magazine}
Readers should be aware of publishers who charge, rather than pay, an author for publication; and contests that charge high reading fees. The magazine recommends that you see the publication and submission guidelines before submitting a manuscript; if you have questions regarding an advertiser's commitment to publication, please contact the advertiser directly.
OMOSKEAG
invites submissions of essays, short stories, poems, and b&w photography. It's an open themed issue. See website: www.amoskeagjournal.com for submission guidelines. Submission period ends November 1. Include your email and USPS address.

ANDERBO.COM
"Best New Online Literary Journal," features writers in fiction, "fact," and poetry. Always looking for new voices. For submission information and guidelines, visit www.anderbo.com.

BLUESTEM
(formerly Karamu)
is accepting submissions for Spring 2013 print issue and for our online quarterly issues. Submit unpublished poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and drawings online at our new website www.bluestemmagazine.com. See website for guidelines.

Happy publishing! You will hear from me sometimes within the next week.

Yours truly,
{dm}

No comments:

Post a Comment